The Sigfox Network Emulator is the software that runs on the Sigfox SDR Dongle, dedicated to test end-to-end and bidirectional data transport services between your device and your application.
By emulating the Sigfox radio network and cloud main functionalities (callbacks), it facilitates the development of IoT applications, from the connected device itself to the application that processes the data transmitted by the device. There is no need for an active subscription or for Sigfox network coverage in your lab: develop and test your Sigfox device quickly, anywhere.
This dongle is not made for production tests. Please see our document on how to do tests in production.
With the Sigfox Network Emulator, developers can:
- SIMULATE Sigfox coverage in a lab environment,
- SET radio configuration for any Sigfox country worldwide,
- TEST end-to-end data services from the device to the application and vice versa,
- DEBUG applications with message content details.
- Ubuntu distribution 16.04.
- Windows platform: Windows 7 and Window 10, 64 bits versions.
The radio chipset must integrate the “emulation mode” command, to switch from private key to public key. A list of compatible transceivers is available here.
The Sigfox Radio Signal Analyzer is the software running on the Sigfox SDR Dongle to test radio compliance with Sigfox essential requirements in terms of radiofrequencies. By delivering analysis and automatic results, it provides verification output to prepare for Sigfox Verified certification for modules and reference designs.
The Sigfox Radio Signal Analyzer is particularly interesting for Sigfox Verified Certification. More information on Sigfox Verified certification can be found here.
- CONFIGURE: Device ID, Key and Radio Configuration for any Sigfox country worldwide
- TEST: Modulation, Demodulation, Ultra Narrow Band Spectrum shaping occupation, Datarate accuracy, Phase accuracy, Frequency dynamic drift
- VISUALIZE RF measurement results
- GET result overviews in the certification verdict window
- EXPORT verdicts, results and pictures