The Sigfox Network Emulator (SNE)
The Sigfox Network Emulator is the software that runs on the Sigfox SDR Dongle, dedicated to testing end-to-end and bidirectional data transport services between your device and your application.
By emulating the Sigfox radio network and cloud main functionalities (callbacks), it facilitates the development of IoT applications, from the connected device itself to the application that processes the data transmitted by the device. There is no need for an active subscription or for Sigfox network coverage in your lab: develop and test your Sigfox device quickly, anywhere!
This dongle is not made for production tests. Please see our document on how to do tests in production.
With the Sigfox Network Emulator, developers can:
- SIMULATE Sigfox coverage in a lab environment,
- SET radio configuration for any Sigfox country worldwide,
- TEST end-to-end data services from the device to the application and vice versa,
- DEBUG applications with message content details.
SNE Getting started
The Network Emulator software package is available on Windows, and for Linux drivers.
You can download user guides and resources.
If you have any further question, go to support.sigfox.com!
SNE Technical Details
- Ubuntu distribution 16.04.
- Windows platform: Windows 7 and Windows 10, 64 bits versions.
The radio chipset must integrate the “emulation mode” command, to switch from private key to public key. A list of compatible transceivers is available here.
Sigfox Radio Signal Analyzer (RSA)
The Sigfox Radio Signal Analyzer is the software running on the Sigfox SDR Dongle to test radio compliance with Sigfox's essential requirements in terms of radio frequencies. By delivering analysis and automatic results, it provides verification output to prepare for Sigfox RF & Protocol tests.
The Sigfox Radio Signal Analyzer is particularly interesting for Sigfox Verified Certification. More information on Sigfox Verified certification can be found here.
- CONFIGURE Device ID, Key and Radio Configuration for any Sigfox country worldwide.
- TEST Modulation, Demodulation, Ultra Narrow Band Spectrum shaping occupation, Data rate accuracy, Phase accuracy, Frequency dynamic drift.
- VISUALIZE RF measurement results.
- GET result overviews in the certification verdict window.
- EXPORT verdicts, results, and pictures.
RSA Getting Started
- Click here to download the latest software package (as a .iso file): Version 3.0.1 (June-2020).
- Extract it and install it on a bootable USB flash drive, using a third-party tool such as UNetbootin.
- Boot from the USB flash drive. It will start a custom Ubuntu instance, and launch the program.
Check the video below for a complete tutorial.
You can also download user guides and resources.
If you have any further questions, go to support.sigfox.com!
RSA Technical Details
The following items are required to run the Radio Signal Analyzer:
- USB-device bootable computer, with at least 2 USB ports.
- 64-bit compatible processor.
- At least 2 GB of RAM.
Latest release: 3.0.1 (June-2020).
- 2.0.0 (28-Nov-2019)
- 1.4.0 (17-Sep-2018)
- 1.3.0 (31-Jul-2018)
- 1.2.2 (27-Apr-2018)
- 1.2.1 (24-Apr-2018)
- 1.2.0 (2-Mar-2018)
- 1.1.1 (12-Jan-2018)
- 1.1.0 (22-Dec-2017)