CBL Nov2019 has been published.
It will become mandatory on March 1st 2020.
Here is the list of the main features included in it:
- Monarch testing externalized
- Frequency step threshold relaxed from +/- 100 Hz to +/- 300 Hz
- Improvements of Power Spectral Density & Narrow Band Power Distribution tests - relaxed thresholds
- Test user interface, methods and documentation improvements
- Testing time improvement => up to 70% of testing time reduction
- RC7 (Russia)*
* This is a draft release subject to potential change until final release expected in S1 2020. THE CONTENT OF THE DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN INDICATIVE BASIS. IN NO EVENT SIGFOX SHALL BE LIABLE FOR THE RELIABILITY, EFFECTIVENESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
Sigfox Certification baseline (CBL) is a fixed reference point defining all necessary material to perform Sigfox certification tests.
As Sigfox technology evolves, the Certification Baseline has a lifecycle associated with the content of the evolved baseline. The different steps of CBL are defined below:
The rules associated to the lifecycle of the CBL are the followings:
- A new CBL becomes mandatory in average 3 months after being released
- When a CBL becomes mandatory, the previous mandatory one becomes obsolete
- From the moment the new CBL version is released, it can be used for certification
- If a device includes a new feature, which associated testing is not included in current mandatory CBL version, it must use the new released CBL as soon as it is available.
- Maximum time between submission and granted certification is 6 months.