On November 29 a new Certification Baseline (CBL Nov2019) will be released and will become mandatory on March 1st 2020. Here is the list of the main features included in it:
- Monarch testing externalized (from November 4th)
- Frequency step threshold relaxed from +/- 100 Hz to +/- 300 Hz
- Improvements of Power Spectral Density & Narrow Band Power Distribution tests - relaxed thresholds
- Test user interface, methods and documentation improvements
- Testing time improvement => up to 70% of testing time reduction
- RC7 (Russia)*
|Center frequency||Data Rate||Sigfox Recommended EIRP||Spectrum access|
|Uplink||868.8 MHz||100 bps||16 dBm||DC 1 %|
|Downlink||869.1 MHz||600 bps||-||-|
Sigfox Certification baseline (CBL) is a fixed reference point defining all necessary material to perform Sigfox certification tests.
As Sigfox technology evolves, the Certification Baseline has a lifecycle associated with the content of the evolved baseline. The different steps of CBL are defined below:
The rules associated to the lifecycle of the CBL are the followings:
- A new CBL becomes mandatory in average 3 months after being released
- When a CBL becomes mandatory, the previous mandatory one becomes obsolete
- From the moment the new CBL version is released, it can be used for certification
- If a device includes a new feature, which associated testing is not included in current mandatory CBL version, it must use the new released CBL as soon as it is available.
- Maximum time between submission and granted certification is 6 months.