There are two ways to achieve Sigfox Ready Certification:
- Full approach: All Sigfox tests (RF & Protocol and Radiated Performance) are executed on the device.
- Modular approach: Only Radiated Performance tests are executed on the device. Evidences of compliance to RF & Protocol specifications are inherited from a Sigfox Verified modular design (module or ref design).
In addition to the main certification offer, three offers are available to ease the creation of variants or series of already-certified devices:
- "Similar" offer, applies to a device based on an existing Sigfox Ready device which received changes that do not affect its RF communication part. Typically applicable for a series of products.
- "Derived" offer, applies to a device based on an existing Sigfox Ready device solely modified to support one or several additional RCs. Such "Derived" device must keep the same commercial name and must implement the same use-case(s) as the initial Sigfox Ready device.
- "Upgrade" offer, applies to a version of an existing Sigfox Ready device where major changes have been applied while keeping the same model name (reference) and same RC.
The outcomes of the Sigfox Ready certification for the partner are:
There are different cases depending on your project and history:
- First device certification of a company – 1500€
- Subsequent new device certifications – 1000€
- Derived, Similar or Upgrade certifications– 500€
One Derived certification offer can encompass several derived devices (if submitted all together). See below for more information.
All prices exclude taxes. Certification offers are paid to Sigfox.
Testing costs not included. They are paid directly to your local test house.
Understanding the offers
For any new device you're bringing to the market, you'll have to go through a full Certification Process.
If your new device supports multiple RCs with the same hardware, there's only one certification to perform (but with one test report from your test house for every supported RC).
If you've created a new device based on a previously Sigfox Ready certified one, you can apply to these cases:
- If you've only changed the module for a different RC, and maybe changed the antenna, then you can apply to the "Derived" Device certification. Note that you still need your device to be tested with your test house.
- If you've kept the same RF design, but only changed a sensor, then you can apply to the "Similar" Device Certification. In this case, no radiation tests are needed since RF hasn't changed.
About the Derived Device offer
If you submit several devices for the Derived certification, you will only pay for the first Derived device -- the other Derived ones will be certified free of charge.
Let's say you have one device that you want certified for all current RCs -- RC1 through RC6. That means you will need the following offers:
- RC1 device: First Device offer or Subsequent New Device offer, depending on whether or not this is your company's first ever Sigfox certification (1500€ or 1000€).
- RC2 device: Derived Device offer (500€).
- RC3, RC4, RC5, and RC6 devices: Free of charge, if you submit all Derived devices (here, RC2 to RC6) at the same time.
Identify the offer that applies to your device
Making the difference between First Device and Subsequent New Device, or between Derived, Similar, and Upgraded Device, can be challenging.
To help you choose the right offer, we have created this decision tree.